Mindzone and Dragon Workshops
We can help with relational difficulties, low confidence/self esteem, eating disorders, anger issues and offer intervention strategies around self harm, bullying or when dealing with personal changes in your life.
What we do
- We offer a safe, and friendly place for young people to meet weekly and share experiences.
- We offer information and support tailored to your needs.
- We can help you look at and understand your feelings.
- We provide opportunities for you to express yourself in creative ways.
- We offer psycho-educational group activities to improve your knowledge.
- Qualified counsellors available to talk with you more privately when needed.
You don’t have to be alone
Mindzone offers a variety of activities promoting emotional well-being including:
- Our Dragon personal development workshops help you get more out of your life and will host your confidence and self-esteem.
- You can join our Ambassador Scheme for those wanting to contribute more and get involved locally and help beat stigma around mental health.
- Group Discussions and focus groups will help you learn and understand more things that affect young people and how you can keep yourself safe.
- Meditation and Relaxation Exercises.
For those who want to help others and get more involved we have introduced the Young Ambassador Scheme.
Once you have completed the Dragon Workshops you can then apply to represent Mindzone and Younger Mind by becoming one of our Young Ambassadors in the local community. You can help make the difference to someone’s life that may be in need of support.
- A full days training package for our new recruits.
- We provide you some nice freebies to proudly show off your achievements.
- As an Ambassador you may be asked to attend shows, events or meetings to raise the profile of Mindzone and Younger Mind.
- We will provide ongoing training and support and references for your CV’s.
Mindzone 1 to 1 Drop-in
This is a free confidential immediate drop-in facility for young people who would like to talk to someone urgently about their issues/concerns.
- Are you worried about something?
- Do you need to talk to someone this week and in confidence?
- Do you need help and advice?
- Are you aged between 11-18?
…then Mindzone 1 to 1 is for you!
Mindzone 1 to 1 offers three qualified/experienced counsellors for short 1 to 1 offers four qualified/experienced counsellors for short 1 to 1 sessions to offer immediate support, information, coping strategies and signposting to services that may be helpful.
Royal Voluntary Services (RVS) Building
29 Charles Street
Hanley, ST1 3JP
(Next to Iceland)
Mindzone Supportive Group Drop-in
Every Monday 5:30pm to 7:30 pm
Mindzone 1 to 1 support
Every Monday 7.30pm to 8.30pm
We also have a mobile web app that can be accessed on your PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. Filled with lots of tips and useful information for young people and parents alike you can all something new to read. Inside it also contains emergency out-of-hours contact numbers for anybody in immediate distress. Simply log onto www.peaceofmind.help
(please note that the link will open in a new page as the app is optimized to be viewed on a smartphone or tablet)
Follow our Twitter Page
On the 14th July a few members of staff and volunteers for North Staffordshire Mind will be partaking in the Uttoxe… https://t.co/9eE2wRqcpi
On the 14th July a few members of staff and volunteers for North Staffordshire Mind will be partaking in the Uttoxe… https://t.co/RvJsjQt2ua