Counselling Service for Children and Young People

If you are struggling with your emotional wellbeing, there are many different ways that we can support you

Welcome Image
We are here to listen

Talking Help

We provide counselling, either face to face and/or by phone. How you access this service depends on where you live. We support young people who are experiencing emotional difficulties. These could be: 

  • Family arguments
  • Bullying 
  • Worrying about school and/or exams
  • Feeling depressed or sad
  • Feeling anxious
  • Worries about sexuality
  • Self-harming behaviours

How do I get help?
Ask a trusted adult to help you make a referral. This will involve filling in a form and sending it to the address on that form. A trusted Adult can be a parent, GP, school nurse or other professional. Choose your area below:


Changes to how children in Staffordshire are supported with their emotional and mental health from 1st April 2020.

We were one of a range of organisations that supported children across Staffordshire with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.  However, this changed on 1st April 2020, and support is now being provided by an organisation called Action for Children.  

You can find out more about this change and what it means for you on the county council's website.

Online Help


Try the Online Support & Self-Help Resources on Speak Up Space, our website designed for Young People by Young People


What is Counselling?

Any young person can feel disturbed and distressed about a number of issues, and we are here to offer support in a safe, nurturing environment.

We offer time to talk confidentially about problems, to discover solutions and to develop a young person's potential. We have a deep belief that each young person has gifts, abilities and potential. We are here to help them develop, explore and grow in positive ways.


Free, confidential and informal – no referral required!