A confidential telephone support and advice service for young people living in Stoke-on-Trent aged 11-18.
Call Free on 0800 0051 445
Wednesday’s 4pm – 8pm
Thursday’s 4pm – 9pm
For help with your emotional health and wellbeing.
This is NOT a counselling or crisis support service.
What is Live Minds?
- A telephone service for young people living in Stoke-on-Trent aged 11-18.
- A support and advice service for young people to help with their emotional health and well-being.
- Live Minds can provide information about other support services both locally and nationally.
- Live Minds can send you leaflets and other information.
- Live Minds is a confidential service BUT if we feel that you are a young person at risk we may need to share what you tell us with other people who can offer you the right help. If this happens we will let you know immediately and we will be open and honest with you.
Live Minds is not . ..
- … able to offer emergency or crisis support. We recommend that if you feel like your life, or someone else’s, is in immediate danger that you dial 999. Alternatively you could visit A&E, your GP or contact PAPYRUS
- … a counselling service.
Who can use Live Minds?
- Young people aged 11 to 18 years old living in Stoke-on-Trent.
- Young people already on a waiting list for counselling or other therapy.
- Young people currently receiving support from an organisation.
- Young people NOT currently using Younger Mind or other mental health service.
What can I talk to Live Minds about?
- Anything that affects the way that you are feeling emotionally.
- This might include bullying, friendships, family life, school, relationships and bereavement amongst many other things.
- Anything that leaves you feeling sad, upset, anxious, depressed or just a little confused.
What to expect when you call Live Minds
- You will be listened to.
- You will not be judged.
- Support will be offered to you OR you will be helped to access the right support from other people.
- You may be offered coping strategies, other interventions or support to help you manage how you are feeling.
When can I contact Live Minds?
- Wednesdays between 4pm and 8pm.
- Thursdays between 4pm and 9pm.
Call free on 0800 0051 445
This is a pilot project that is jointly funded by Stoke-on-Trent City Council, Stoke-on-Trent CCG and Public Health England.