Since 2008 Younger Mind has been working in both primary and secondary schools in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire to offer counselling and support for children and young people.
The counsellors work with a wide range of different issues which may have an effect on their mental and emotional well-being, for example:
- Self-identity and sexuality
- Family problems and breakdown
- Loss and bereavement
- Academic stress and pressure
- Self Harm
Commission this service
What do we offer?
We provide one-to-one counselling and group work, but also work creatively to promote positive change in the lives of children and young people we meet. Examples of this are numerous, but include:
- Speaking and meeting with parents with or on behalf of young people to encourage communication
- Being available for young people in crisis situations
- Supporting teaching and support staff
- Providing consultancy and training for staff
- Liaising with other organisations in order to ensure seamless support for young people where multiple agencies are involved
- Attending TAC, CAF and Child Protection meetings when appropriate
- Offering support to young people with relationship issues, which we have found can have a huge impact on school-work and behaviour, both in and out of school.
It is our aim to raise awareness and to promote positive mental and emotional well-being for young people and to encourage resilience.